Sunday, May 8, 2011

tHe VaCAtIOn

Larry Flint owned the place and his girls stayed there
Wouldn't that be a great byline to your vacation? 
I met a man in New Orleans that can use that byline

Tim and I were recently on vacation in New Orleans
He had a conference I went along as "the purse"
not as in the money in the purse
but more like the purse that makes the outfit complete

The Jazz Clubs in New Orleans are great
So I've been told
Problem is......
Tim and I couldn't stay awake late enough to go to one
Here's what I think...
Jazz Clubs need to have a 3:00pm set with an AARP discount

Everything looks better in beads
It's just obvious in New Orleans
At least in the weeks after Mardi Gras
the beads are everywhere
hanging from trees, plants, posts, balconies ....
Everything just looks better in beads

My vacation style has changed over the years
I want to relax
I want to taste the food
I want to meet the people
I want to explore
I want to read
I want to take pictures
I want to get comfortable in the environment
I want to give myself permission to
do everything or nothing
a vacation is as much about getting away
from the demands 
as it is about seeing the sights















No comments: