Tuesday, April 26, 2011

QuEStiOnS???

It went by and I couldn't help but turn my head
I wanted to yell "Come back!"
I had so many questions
Where did you get that?
Why do you have that?
What did you pay for that?
Where are you going in that?
Who are you?

I have these questions or similar questions frequently

I often want to talk to the beggar on the corner
I see him everyday on my way to work
one day I'll take his picture
but only after I donate to his cause
What is his cause?
Why do you do that?
Where are you going?
Where are you from?
Where is your family?
What is your story?
The questions probably won't get any closer
to the beggar than the inside of my head

Once upon a time
Studio Art Academy High School Commissioned an artist
 Bryan Andreas
To paint a wall mural on the outside of the building
It was art, it was interesting, it made you think
 it made me smile
The Rep Theater bought that building
They painted over the art
They painted the building an off white color
They painted over the art, the interest, the eye candy
Now stands a boring, nondescript building
Why did you that?
What were the conversations?
What is the story?

I am curious
I have so many questions
sometimes I am brave enough to ask
Sometimes I am unable to ask
But I know that unless I ask
I have no truth
just questions




No comments: