Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ThE THouGhT wAs BEaUtiFUl . . . THe FloWErS NoT SO mUcH

Surprise!
I love you more each day
Thanks for all you do
Love Tim
That was what the card said.
The flowers were from the "right flower shop"
The flowers were from LeJardin

Problem was. . . 
The flowers didn't look like flowers from Le Jardin
WTF?
I have gotten flowers from Pat Heck's store for the last several years
And I am always Wowed
Yesterday I was not Wowed

Are the edges of the roses supposed to be browned?
The arrangement looked so . . . common
This is so not what I expect from Le Jardin
So, I made a phone call

Answering Machine
Hello, this is Le Jardin, please leave a message
"Pat, the surprise from Tim was wonderful"
"The flowers, not so wonderful"
"Are the edges of the flowers supposed to be brown?"
"Is the arrangement supposed to be so 'common'?"
Ok, I didn't really say that last line, but I was thinking it

Later in the evening
A personal call from Pat Heck
"I did not see the arrangement
My design assisstant put it together
Tracey, the edges are not supposed to be brown
Keep the arrangement you recieved
I'm sending you another"

The new arrangement came today
This is what I expect from LeJardin
Gorgeous, Fresh, a punch of Wow.

Thanks To my guy for showing me some love
Thanks to Pat for reminding me why she's my favorite flower shop

No comments: