Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OUt Of BOunDS

Tim kissed a baby alligator
He didn't do this for me
He didn't do this because he's always wanted to kiss a gator
He did this because he knew his kids would get a kick out of it

kids push us outside of our bounds


 I once dressed up in a dress that was too small
and a head band that had yellow yarn braids
and I wore this get up on a 250 mile road trip
to visit my older brother
in Mitchell SD
I even stopped to pump gas
The occasion?
My birthday
My kids bought me the dress
and the headband for my birthday
they thought I looked beautiful

Every year Tim takes Quinn to a ballet in Mpls
I asked him if he enjoys the ballet
He said, Not really, but Quinn sure does
they make it a date 
 dinner and the ballet

 Quinn had her first dance recital 6 years ago
we learned they also had "dancing dads" 
Tim said, yeah he could do that
As long as Quinn danced he'd dance too
He's an introvert
this is truly a gift for his daughter
The dads rehearse every Sunday
Wear costumes
Dance in 6 shows on recital weekend 
this year he wears a tutu

You know what else we do?
We play hide and go seek in the dark
in our house
every winter
it's a winter sport

kids push us out of our bounds
What bounds have kids helped you move beyond?


2 comments:

The Beaded Pillow said...

What an incredible family you have. You and your kids are blessed to the nth to have eachother. PS: Do you still wear that headband?

The Shaws said...

Every year we have field day at school. A day where all the kids get to compete outside in different activities. A spirit award was up for grabs this year! My kids wanted to win. So...we tie-dyed t-shirts purple/blue...all 23 of us...shirts...paint...and fun! This was the first time I did this....I was out of my comfort zone! The shirts turned out great, we called each other "The Royal Bees". We had a cheer and everything! We didn't win the spirit contest, but our shirts sure did!!