Monday, May 9, 2011

THe OrDEr oF ThINGs

You just never know what you're going to see

You know, when you're in a different environment being open to things being different
comes a little more natural
Everyday walking around waiting for and expecting things to look and be different
 when in a foreign place or country 
it is easy to be forgiving of differences
or  is it just me
I love the differences

Palm Readers . . . 
are they gifted?
 or do they buy taro cards and directions on line?
Performance Art . . . . 
Do these guys look at themselves as artists?
or is painting yourself silver and posing
like a mannequin 
just a way to make a buck?

The hotel was on Bourbon Street
they don't apologize for the noise ALL night long
 the earplugs they left on the pillow
in a really cute little organza bag
 was my first clue
What's to apologize for? 
it's part of the experience
part of the story
part of the order of things in that environment

But please don't mess with my order of things 
in my environment
It doesn't make sense here
but could it?

Ask Why?

Why are you mad?
Why did you move my cheese?
Why isn't your homework done?
Why am I feeling discombobulated?
Why didn't I make the team?
Why didn't I get the job?
Why do you wear you pants around your knees?
Why?
Why?
When we know why
we know

and the order of things is revealed













No comments: