Sunday, April 17, 2011

bReAK a LeG!!!

Our family is part of the Rochester Dance Company
I say our family because it truly is a family event
Quinn is the artist within the family
She gets to preform
I put in the mandatory volunteer hours
We drive to rehearsals
provide bobby pins, make up, hairspray
lots of hairspray
spend long weekends watching
the culmination of all the work

I was in a play in 5th grade
Something about a Gumdrop Dragon
I was Lady Lemon Drop

I liked the socializing
being part of a whole
creating something
presenting the something
accepting the accolades
moving on to something else

It doesn't have to be a performance
But community and creating or working toward something to be proud of
I think we all desire to have that in our life

I have friends that get that from scrap booking
I get that from my photography and my photo buddies
My husband finds that in his biking group
Book Club fulfills that for me too

What communities are you proud to be a part of?
Communities that help you grow and nurture a  love of something.



No comments: