Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ToDAy I BouGHt ....

Today I bought point shoes
a pair of jazz shoes
some rubbery toe cover things dancers sometimes wear
and
a bottle of pop

I read an article about a group of people
that committed to not spending any money for a month
They didn't buy anything unless it was a necessity

A necessity as defined by them
What would my necessities be?
Would I prep food for month?
Buy only fresh produce?
Gas?

No eating out
No coffee from my favorite coffee shop
No impromptu grocery visit
I think I'd limit myself to one grocery visit a week
then I'm dependent on whatever the pantry holds
I suppose I'd even dig into that venison in the freezer

Judith Levine wrote a book 
"Not buying it: My year without shopping"
A year is a long time


April is just around the corner
I think ... maybe.... I'll give it a try for a month


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bought a totally unnecessary item today. Two, actually. And I bought a friend lunch.

Christine said...

My unnecessary thing - a giant carrot that says "WELCOME" Instead of a green carrot top, it has an Easter Bunny head. It is so ugly I had to have it. I hung it next to the front door outside but had to bring it in after a half hour. The wind kept blowing it around and the noise drove the dogs crazy.