Friday, March 25, 2011

The CoNTinuUM of SHoeS

My shoes laid out end to end

My shoes in a pile

20 pair
I'm thinking I am at the low end of average for the American woman
Maybe below average
I might be wrong
I don't feel like I have many shoes
compared to others I hear about

I always have a pair to wear
I usually buy several in the summer
Sidewalk sale downtown
at my favorite shoe store

Then I'll buy another pair
usually full price 
in the fall
boots

I have two pair of tennis shoes
they both need to be replaced

Two pair of heels I am giving away tomorrow
they hurt my feet
I can't wear them

I wonder how many shoes my neighbors have
I wonder about my friends
I don't really care
I'm just curious
I'm curious of where I am in the continuum of shoes

Where are you?



1 comment:

The Shaws said...

So..after reading you post, Ian and I sat trying to guess how many shoes I have...I had to go count! I was disgusted..granted I spend maybe an average of $20 on shoes...I have nearly 50 pairs!!!! I cleaned them out, and labeled a shoe box to goodwill. Now I am down to 40.