Sunday, February 27, 2011

ThE OrDEr oF THingS

Against the flow can be an uncomfortable direction at times.
Or
What's the big deal?

Order - Always Eat your Salad before Dessert. 
 Not only that, but after the salad you don't touch the dessert until the main course comes. 
 That is of course unless you are really, really hungry.
Then you would do as I did and nibbled away at the dessert until the main course came.
No harm done.
I didn't break a rule, just went out of a socially instilled order.

I went to the Chair Affair on Saturday Night.
Lots of chairs, lots of items for the silent auction.
Lots of people browsing in a clock wise direction viewing the silent auction items.
Lots of people, other than me.  
I chose the shortest route to see what I wanted to see,
and it set me in a counter-clockwise direction.
I was comfortable going in the opposite direction, as a matter of fact I didn't even notice.
But then.....
I was called on it.  Someone noticed.
Someone didn't like it.

I turned around and joined the natural direction of the masses.
No harm done.

When's the last time you went against the flow, or broke order with the masses?



No comments: