Sunday, February 6, 2011

7

That's the number of outdoor "utensils" we have for snow.  There is of course the snow blower, but because I took this picture in the back yard (on the ice rink to be exact) getting the snowblower back there was more work than I wanted to take on.  Tim actually had a shovel on his Christmas list, and this after we already had 5 + a snowblower.  There are so many types of shovels I really think they each need there own name.  That would make it so much easier.  Our list of snow "utensils"  includes; a silo shovel, a bent handled shovel, a blue shovel, a metal yellow plow shovel, an ice chipper, and a rubber scrapper (for the rink, I think).  We seem to add to the collection yearly.  So my question to you is how many snow "utensils" do you have?  I'm curious to see what the average number might be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have 6. One big UPer scooper to push large amounts of snow off the driveway, two normal sized shovels, two old metal shovels - that usually stay in the back of our cars, and one ice chipper. We use them all, especially when the whole family is out cleaning off the snow after a storm. So far no snowblower - maybe when I am older - Patz

love the pictures and blog Trace.

Susan said...

Let's see..3 regular snow shovels (kept handy near barn, garage, and house), my favorite Wovel (shovel on a lever on a wheel), a big snow scoop, the ice scraper/chipper, and the snow remover of last resort: snowblower. I also use a flat garden shovel to dig out around the barn door and the mail box. That makes 8. We do have a LOT of snow removal to manage.